‘Whichever area in life you come alive, you are spiritual’
Let us all remember just one hard fact and that is that we live only once. No one who left this world ever came back to tell us how that life was all about! What therefore is before you and with you is yours. Between being ‘alive’ and ‘positive’ you have two way options. When you are ‘alive’, you are positive; when you are positive you are alive! To come alive, you don’t have to choose time, place or reason. It is just a choice to be happy and alive. In that choice your life opens up instantaneously. Our decision matters in happiness, not condition! For students, state of happiness should lie in reading, writing, listening and several other learning activities. If someone seeks happiness in anything other than the above, he is not wise, he is otherwise!
What to choose to be alive and positive?
- Choose truth over ‘happiness’. As student you have to attend to your academic work and assignment in preference to anything else. Never ever compromise on what ought to be done. It may not be one of happiness; it will be one of greatness.
- Do not make others wait for you anywhere, anytime. Ideally you students should be seated when your teacher arrives. Do not ever make your teachers wait. Make it a habit to be punctual in life. You are always noticed being punctual or otherwise.
- Choose what you would read carefully and purposefully. You are known by the company that you keep and the books that you read.
- Be in a state of flow. Remember the only thing that keeps you in state of flow is work. You may feel down and out but never give up work or let go the spirit. Work is love made visible. In the work there is love, to love should be your work. Here also it works both ways for you. What will happen will. Keep the work ongoing. There can be no better guarantee for happiness other than work and to be working.
- Start your day with a prayer. This one activity will help you connect to everything else in and around you.
Nitte School of Management, Bengaluru aims at making its PGDM students happy through work, learning and sharing. That alone will prepare them for a robust corporate career.
Dr. N J Shetty, Ph.D, M.Com, MBA, MA(Psy), PG. DHRM, PG. DMM, LL B, CAIIB, D. TD, Pragya, Professor, Nitte School of Management, Certified NLP Practitioner, Certified Life Coach, Certified OD Coach